A Workshop for Great Plains Network Consortium Members
Hosted by the Department of Chemical & Petroleum Engineering at The University of Kansas
February 2 & 3, 2007
The University of Kansas (Lawrence, KS 66045)
This is a hands-on workshop to help you to improve the performance of your GPNgrid Node or to configure a node to build upon the existing infrastructure.
- Learn to run the appropriate software suite on your GPNgrid cluster (topic leader: Brian Bockelman),
- Learn to run jobs on each of the other sites (topic leader: Brian Bockelman),
- Learn to transfer files between sites (topic leader: Brian Bockelman),
- Cluster maintenance (topic leader: Brian Bockelman),
- Vmware and Condor (topic leader: Matt Baker),
- Education: teaching application scientists to use the GPNgrid resources (topic leader: ?),
- Education: teaching students to use the GPNgrid (topic leader: Amy Apon),
- Next steps, including proposal development (topic leader: David Swanson).
- GPNgrid scientists
- GPNgrid technical administrators
- Parties interested in joining the GPNgrid and obtaining technical support
- Scientists interested in running applications on GPNgrid (Feb. 3)
Members of the GPNgrid and Collaborative Middleware Environment groups.
February 2, 2007
- 12 Noon to 5:00 p.m. Lunch provided
- Introduction and goals.
- Technical session: installation and trouble-shooting the OSG-based system.
- Sysadmin activities:
- Getting grid certificates for people and machines.
- Installing the OSG stack.
- Configuring a batch system.
- Simple test jobs.
- Simple file transfer.
- Keep it running: monitoring and maintaining the cluster.
- User activities:
- Setting up an OSG client environment
- Simple test jobs and file transfer
- Putting it all together with Condor-G
- 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Follow-up technical troubleshooting session.
February 3, 2007
- 8:00 a.m. to Noon Lunch provided. Non-technical portion.
- New Directions?
- Application scientist assistance
- Shibboleth integration
- Storage systems.
- Proposal possibilities
Registration is closed but you can find the list of registrants, here.
Best Western - please call by January 31st to reserve the room. The number is 1-800-235-7997.
1. From Iowa (59th) Street turn left on 15th street.
2. Take right on Naismith drive (towards Sunnyside Ave).
4. Allen Fieldhouse Parking Garage (AFPG) will be on your right.
5. Park the car at AFPG.
6. Coming out of the parking garage, Walk on Sunnyside Ave towards Computer Services Facility (about two blocks).
7. Meeting will be in the Computer Services Facility auditorium.
For more information, contact Professor David Swanson, email@example.com, or Dr. Greg Monaco, firstname.lastname@example.org.